Monday, July 15, 2013

In the field #10

Bonjour!!! Well I don't have a whole ton of time to write today but I would like to share two miracles that we had this week. The first is this...We received a contact from the church headquarters for a couple who had been taught missionary lessons 30 years ago. So we went...we talked to them and they told us they are no longer interested...but they were nice about it! :) And no the miracle is not that they were nice! haha the miracles is that they told us to knock all the doors on their road because there are lots of believing people. That night we didn't have the time so we started walking home and then someone drives by and stops! we approach the car and we see that it is an inactive family that we have been trying to get a hold of but couldn't! she invited us over to eat with their family the next day. We went over the next day early to go and do some contacting in her area. While we were contacting i had the impression that we needed to go and finish knocking doors on the same road we were one the night before. we get to the first door and we tell the woman that we are there to pray with her. She was shocked and let us in! We taught the entire first lesson and gave her a book of mormon! she told us she is always searching for more truth and told us she will read and pray. She is on vacations right now but we will meet with her again in august! Her name is corinne and she is incredible! She has a very strong relationship with Jesus Christ! So anways it was just a testimony to me that there is always a reason for everything! BUT you have to keep your head up and keep going! There was a quote i was reminded of this week. it is "The Lord cannot steer a parked car." Sometimes when we don't know what to do...we just have to go and then the Lord will guide us. Don't be afraid to act! Don't be afraid to open your mouth!

   The second miracle! Doris' baptism is actually on the 20th now for sure! I called the assistants and asked if i could go to Bruxelles for this...they contemplated and talked with president and they said that they decided that I can go but it is an exception just for this one time! But also that I had to pay my own way. I looked at the prices to get me and my comp there and it ended up being 170 euros... I couldn't do it. It was too much money and too much time to just spend less than a day somewhere. So I prayed that maybe i could find another way to go. 3 hours later I get a call from Soeur Anna McKay (who happens to be my Sister Training Leader) and she tells me that we will both be going to Bruxelles this weekend to do an exchange with her and her companion! I was more than ecstatic! This allows me first of all to do an exchange with Soeur Mckay, but also to go to the baptism! I am so grateful that the Lord is always so aware of us! He wants to be involved in every aspect and He will be if we let Him. I will give you more details next week on the baptism! I love you all! 
Love Soeur Finneran

No comments:

Post a Comment