Friday, July 26, 2013

In the field#11

Bonjour a tous! Well this week was crazy but incredible! we have seen lots of miracles! I will start with those! After district meeting, the elders and us had a train layover for 1.5 hours so we decided to have a little scavenger hunt. Some of the things consisted of having a lesson, 2 phone numbers, picture of a cathedral, etc...so we went to work! We talked to lots of people and handed out some pass along cards and then we saw a family and we both felt like we should teach them. so we literally ran after them and chase them across the street. haha we normally dont do that so dont worry. but we talked to them and turns out that one of the daughters and met with the missionaries a few years back! So we talked with her and her mom and her sister and taught a lesson on the road and prayed with them. We set an appointment to teach again the following week but turns out that they are in another area so we passed them. but still awesome! and then we got back from the train into Arras and the first lady we talked to was great! her name is Pezi. She is a french lady and the first thing she tells us is that everyone thinks she is crazy...we are like ok...why is that?? and she says, "Because i think families will be forever. I know i will have a second life and see my husband again." We just smiled and said," Madame, you are not crazy. that is actually God's plan for us." we then continued to to teach part of the plan of salvation and prayed with her in the road right there. it was incredible! we will teach her again in september when she gets back from vacations. And another miracle! Soeur covington and I couldn't figure out what we needed to do and where we needed to go one day. We both had very seperate ideas so we decided to pray to know. We then felt guided to another area that was not thought of before. We walked over to that area and met a woman named Marie-christine. She told us she use to meet with the Jehovah's witnesses but stopped because she didn't agree with everything. She strongly believes in God and Jesus Christ and wants to know more. We taught a bit about the Restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon and asked her to start reading. And then we prayed with her in the road. When we finished the prayer we looked at her and she was crying!!! It was very powerful. We were suppose to meet with her sunday but she got sick but she wanted to talk. She had started reading the Book of Mormon and had questions for us. We ended up teaching a lesson wiht her on the phone and prayed with her and everything on the phone. She is so ready! We will see her again on wednesday! Pray for my investigators please!!! They need your prayers! :)

   The baptism was incredible! I was able to do an exchange with soeur mckay and that was great! I learned lots of great things from her! She is a wonderful missionary! And then we went to the baptism on saturday. I was more than ecstatic to see soeur thibault and even more happy to see Doris. She was glowing! When she came up out of the water she had the biggest smile on her face and literally clapped her hands with joy! The water was freezing (haha the hot water doesn't really work there) and i asked her how she felt. she said,"I am so cold but i feel so warm. I am so happy!" I literally felt joy that day! I couldn't help but cry. She is the reason I am doing what I am doing. There really is no greater joy than helping people find that path to eternal life. I know there are others out here just like her too! I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the joy it brings! Even though being a missionary is difficult, I LOVE IT! I love you all! 

Love Soeur Finneran

No comments:

Post a Comment