Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mission Update

FIRST WEEK: Success! I absolutely love the MTC! My companion, Soeur Hafen, is incredible! She is 19 and from American Fork. We work so well together because we both are so dedicated to this work and so dedicated to learn the language. She pushes me to be my best and I am so grateful for her. It's so apparent how aware God is of our lives.  All of her strengths are my weaknesses and vice versa. Well what has happened this week...hmm oh i know SO MUCH!!!! We got into the MTC they show us our room, drop off our suitcases, then they take us to the classroom-immediate french immersion. We learn the missionary purpose in english and french. We go this meeting and that meeting and learn more french. Finally we get to eat and then back to class to learn more french. Bed. I LOVE bed. The first night was difficult though because I couldn't fall asleep til 1 but every other night I have slept like a baby. I am so tired all the time but I am more happy than I have ever been! The gospel is true! :) I love it! The next we woke up and learned more french and then prepared for our first lesson EN FRANCAIS!! We have been teaching Jamie and it isn't as scary as it sounds because the Gift of Tongues is so real! The spirit filled in all the voids in my language. Ummmm but other than that we basically just learn all the time everyday! Sunday's are a treat because we have a little bit of a break.  We were able to take the sacrament (all in french of course), watch music and the spoken word, relief society, choir, devotional, etc. The food isn't that bad here either. I have already lost at least 3 pounds. Luckily my comp and I encourage each other to eat well which has been awesome. She also loves to run which is great! Our goal is to get to 6 miles by the last week here. We are already at 2! :) We found out yesterday that we will be flying to San Francisco on thursday to take care of our visa stuff. We are all so excited because we might have some time to proselyte! :) We also had to go to the health clinic yesterday... that was interesting... haha we had to poop in a cup to give a stool sample.  Supposedly Belgigue needs to make sure we don't have any diseases. My district is incredible!!! We have 4 elders and 6 sisters.  Soeur Hafen and I i talked about a little alread.  Love her to death! Soeur Johns and Soeur Judd- Soeur Judd is very good at french and they both bring such a sweet spirit! Soeur Johns is from texas and Sour Judd is from utah. Elder Jensen and Elder Ireland are hilarious. Elder Jensen is from Utah and Elder Ireland is from Canada. Elder Jensen is always very good at keeping us on track. His grandpa is Jay E. Jensen in the 70. Soeur Henson and Soeur Holmes are in our room and they are the greatest! Soeur Holmes is super open and SOO funny! and Soeur Henson got here late and she's never taken french but she is picking it up sooo fast! Elder Olsen is from Kaysville too! He is really funny and light spirited and Elder Toledo is also from Utah. He thought he was going spanish speaking strictly but when he got here they told him he is going to learn french too and stay 6 weeks. He's picking it up fast also! They are all so funny though and so spiritual at the same time! I love this place! it really is like efy 24/7 times ten! times up but I love you all! Bon chance!
Love soeur Finneran.
ps. sorry if i don't get pictures on here often. mtc is crazy ALL THE TIME! and they don't really have a way to download pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment