Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mission Update #5

Bonjour Bonjour!!!
     This week was a great one! Well of course besides all the snow.  I literally got sun burned last tuesday and it was snowing two days after that. Gotta love Utah. But anyways... I LEAVE IN 6 DAYS!!! I can hardly believe it! It is so weird because I feel like I have been here for a very long time but also no time at all.  I feel both prepared and unprepared.  I know through the Strength of the Lord I can do all things.  I am very excited and I already have an enormous amount of love for the people of France.  I know the Lord is hastening His work in France and all around the world for a reason. 
    Well I think I will start off with a funny story! So the other day my companion and I were teaching a lesson to our "investigator" Jean-Michelle.  This was our fifth lesson with him so we felt like we should talk about some of the commandments that we are required to keep to be baptized. This lesson we were teaching The Law of Chastity. Yeah I am sure a lot of you can just imagine where this is going.  So we were discussing some of the things we must do to keep this specific commandment and I said this, "Dieu exige que nous avons les relations sexuelle avant le mariage." That translates to..."God requires that we have sexual relations before marriage." To say the least we were all shocked(well i was after I found out what i had just said). haha We all had a good laugh, so did the rest of the three zones in this building.  :) Literally it was one of those "Best Two Years" moments. Lovin it.
     Last week we had Scott D. Whiting of the seventy and his wife come speak to us at the Tuesday devotional. Oh and also! The really awesome thing that everyone kept talking about was that this general conference the place they have chosen to highlight for the documentary in between conferences is the MTC! So they had a camera crew come and film us so that they could put it on the video. So in between conferences be looking for me! I might be one there! :) But besides that...Elder Whiting and his wife did an incredible job!  I really appreciated that his wife (Jerie Whiting) prepared a talk for us.  Usually all the other wives just get up and bare testimony. The thing I loved the most that she said, "Whatever you're doing, do it with ALL conviction." So in other words, don't just give half your effort, give all your effort in all things! If you are playing basketball, play basketball! If you are singing, then sing with all conviction! Practice with all conviction! If you are serving a mission, then serve a mission with all conviction! Do all you can! If you are LDS then be LDS with ALL conviction! It is not enough to only have a testimony! You must be converted unto the Lord with all conviction.  Elder whiting addressed us on the subject of the MTC. He said he woke up the other night with two words running through his head, Incubator and Comforter. I am very glad he followed the spirit and spoke on those two things.  He said the MTC is like an incubator because right now all of us are preparing to go out into the world to preach this gospel and if we go out to early we could possibly fall apart and not survive.  He said if you are here at the MTC at the right time and worthy to be here that we will be prepared and strengthened. He also said that if we are not, the incubator will not be a benefit but instead it will be as if you put bacteria in an incubator. The bacteria will rapidly grow and overtake us.  It is soo important to make sure you are 100% worthy when you come to the MTC. He also talked about when we come to the MTC we leave behind all our normal "comforters". Such as our beds, our favorite foods, friends, family, cell phones, internet, etc... He said that this was necessary so that we learn to rely on the one and only true comforter, The Holy Ghost. He said that if we learn that here at the MTC that we will be strengthened and comforted to do the things we need to in the mission field and also in our lives after the mission. Loved it! He also said this, "If you are on the errand of the Lord and worthy to be there, and if you act on ALL promptings, the the Lord will make those acts beneficial to either you or those around you. That way you'll never have to ask yourself, 'Were those my thoughts or the Holy Ghost'". DO WORK! :)
   The last thing that I would like to talk about happened with my district.  We were told to watch a video titled, "The Atonement and missionary work". SERIOUSLY the greatest! It is a video and President Eyring and Elder Holland are talking on the little video. It is about ten minutes long but SO worth it! Go to youtube and look it up and watched it! We were asked to watch it and discuss it as a district.  We watched the whole thing and when it ended none of us could speak.  I literally could feel the spirit as if it was tangible.  I have never really been in a situation where all of us were constrained from speaking by the Spirit. We all sat there for about ten minutes straight just pondering and crying.  It really is such a powerful message.  When you have time and are in the right mind set, watch it. You will learn some absolutely incredible things.
   Well this is my last pday here at the MTC! I will not have a pday for two weeks! I will let you all know how PARIS is! :) I am soo excited and so extremely grateful that I have the opporunity to serve my Master. Bon Chance mes amies avec toutes les choses dans vos vies!! :) Je vous aime! Please pray for all the missionaries. We all need your prayers. I love you all!
Love, Soeur Finneran





No comments:

Post a Comment